Over 2009 to 2010 a new NECC was designed and installed. Facilities included:
- an electronic information management system where current relevant information can be displayed on a series of electronic information boards and shared with decision makers in the NECC and other locations;
- Work stations for representatives of all Kingdom agencies.
New specialist roles of Information Manager and Actions Manager were developed in support of senior decision-makers of the National Committee for disaster management. A cadre of 30 was selected and trained in the new roles.
A program of major exercises was designed and delivered using OCTO’s specialist IRES software suite, comprising:
- Scenario development toolkit, which reduces the time and cost taken to prepare major emergency exercises by up to 80%
- Decision Support Model, which simulates major emergency incidents and accurately tests the team performance in an emergency exercise.
- Information Management System, which captures, displays, records and shares information pertinent to effective decision-making in a crisis.