o Human resources including the youth themselves, experts in youth issues, and distinguished members of the society
- The National Youth Congress, where the Youth Participation Committees under the Ministry of Gender Equality and Family and 16 municipalities/provinces participate, has the 350-member Expert Steering Committee consisting of adolescents and renowned members of the society including Members of the National Assembly. In addition, a group of regional representatives and staff members hired through open competition is in charge of planning, PR and agenda development. The staff in the Secretariat is exclusively responsible for the organization of the National Youth Congress.
- Each of the 178 Youth Participation Committees and 295 Youth Governing Committees operates its own group of youth leaders and expert advisors in accordance with the reality of the region/facility.
o Nationwide partnership among related entities
- The Ministry of Gender Equality and Family partnered with local autonomous entities as well as the Korea Youth Work Agency (KYWA) and its network of regional centers in 16 municipalities/provinces to organize nationwide activities for the youth’s social participation. As a result of the cooperation from other related government authorities and the Ministry of Education, Science and Technology’s support for building collaborative relationship with schools, an extensive nationwide partnership has been formed for the youth’s social participation.
- When an Expert Steering Committee is formed, the Committee is supposed to include the President of KYWA, a key public entity supporting the youth activities, the President of the National Council of Youth Organizations, an entity representing 72 youth organizations across the nation, and officials of other influential public/private organizations, institutions, and facilities so that those entities can closely cooperate for the shared goal of empowering the youth.
o Budgetary support that matches the significance of each participatory activity
- As of 2011, a budget of 180 million won is allotted for the National Youth Congress activities including diverse meetings and PR. For the 174 Youth Participation Committees and 284 Youth Governing Committees, the central government matches each local autonomous entity’s budget on a 50-to-50 basis and a total of over 1.2 billion won has been provided.
o Various media that can improve the connectivity with the youth
- A portal site (www.withyouth.go.kr) for youth participation that encompasses the National Youth Congress, the Youth Participation Committees, and the Youth Governing Committees is opened. The portal redirects a visitor to the homepage of each organization, introduces diverse participatory activities of the youth, and runs a bulletin board in which the youth can freely express their opinions.
- The National Youth Council produces/distributes cartoons introducing policy projects for the youth to youth facilities and schools across the country, operates a discussion forum for project development, and promotes its activities to the public via online media including SNS (facebook.com).