Being a customer-centric organisation, the municipality vision is to “Attain the highest degree of excellence in providing services while preserving the cultural identity of the city.” The MM Contact Center embodies the essence of this vision. The Center facilitates the flow of services' information from customers to MM through various channels. Through direct communication with the customer, the Center becomes the conduit in which MM can monitor public comments at the same time evaluating the organisation's performance.
The whole concept of the MM Contact Center is focused on gathering feedback and compliants from customers to achieve higher service quality. Business process for the Contact Center comprised the following support structures;
1st Line – Contact Center agents
2nd Line – Monitor and follow-up, sometimes solve the issues and close the case
3rd Line – Operational team, implement the solution
When the state-of-the art Contact Center IT-based infrastructure was put in place, customers can give their comments, feedbacks and complaints through several channels;
• Through 1 phone number 1111, a customer can access via the IVR system to provide information and feedback on certain issues and lodged a complaint. They can speak directly to a qualified and trained agent. Also with the voice mail, they can leave their comments if all lines are busy. All calls to the Contact Center are free of charge.
• Tapping on the iMuscat application on smartphone platform, customers can send feedback and complaint and also provide GPS data to pinpoint the location of the complaint and upload relevant pictures. This is available in Apple iPhone Operating System (iOS), Google Android and Black Berry Operating System smartphone.
• For customers who prefer using internet, they can also send their feedback and complain via emails at firstname.lastname@example.org or via online form Complain and Suggestion:
• Feedback and complains can be sent also via the Fax to: 1111 that will be integrated directly to the Contact Center email: email@example.com
• Complaints received via Twitter and Facebook are transferred and registered through the Contact Center.
• Web chat: will be soon live.
The Centre application also categorises all the feedback and complaints into different subjects and routed to the appropriate personnel to handle the case. The integrated workflow with the 2nd level processes in the backend expedites the follow up on the feedback and complaints. A tracking system is also embedded to monitor the improvement of the municipality services. In addition, the 3rd line, follow-up team can now update via SMS as they are on site, update the status of each case via SMS.
Furthermore, an independent Quality Assurance team was appointed to carry out random checks on the customer services and obtain customers’ feedback. A report on customer satisfaction is provided regularly to improve the Contact Center and Municipality services. Through an integrated feedback system, customers are now assured that their feedback are tracked and follow-through by the relevant departments in MM.