| 4. In which ways is the initiative creative and innovative?
The stages for the implementation of e-Kinerja are as follows:
• Meetings and discussion
• Problems and requirement identification
• Team arrangement
• Construction of working plan
Regulations were prepared and issued by Banda Aceh City Secretariat’s Legal Division, Organization Division and Development Administration Division. Such regulations include all Standard Operating Procedures, Mayor’s Regulations that dictate the mechanism for the implementation of e-Kinerja in all work units.
3. Position Analysis and Job Load Analysis of every work units:
All work units were required to submit Position Analysis and Job Load Analysis to Organization Division of the Secretariat of Banda Aceh City Government. The Division then conducted time normalized validations and verifications on the analyses.
4. Application and System Design
• Constructing application architecture and business process.
• Features Design
• Interface Design
• Infrastructure Design
• Data collection
5. Application and System Design
• Database Design
• flow diagram Design
• use-case diagram Design
• Interface design
6. Application and System Construction
• Program coding
• Infrastructure development
• Security system implementation
• Application installation
7. Data Input
Organization Division verify Job Position Analyses and Job Load Analyses and application administrator would input the function and responsibility of the position holders in each units according to the unit’s position mapping.
• Application test run
• Application evaluation
• Infrastructure evaluation
Once the data had been input, the application was run for a test at five working units. Parts of the test run were the training for operation of the application and the substances, and its socialization.
10. Monitoring and Evaluation
Monitoring and evaluation of the implementation of e-Kinerja is conducted through the following stages:
• Direct officer
Every direct officer is obliged to monitor and evaluate the performance of his/her subordinates.
• Head of work units
Every head of a work unit is obliged to monitor and evaluate the performances of apparatus under his/her command.
Banda Aceh City Mayor formed monitoring team, headed by City Secretary and assisted by work units, evaluates the program monthly.
| 5. Who implemented the initiative and what is the size of the population affected by this initiative?
Banda Aceh City Secretary has formed Special Teams, who handle the preparation, execution, and the monitoring and evaluation of the application.
a. Organization Division
• Drafts the regulations needed
• Facilitates the formation of Job Position Analyses and Job Load Analyses.
• Verifies the documents.
• Composes circular letters and the implementation manuals of e-Kinerja.
• Composes remuneration amounts of the apparatus.
• Provides a help-desk and service secretariat for the application.
• Evaluates Job Position Analyses and Job Load Analyses documents.
b. Development Administration Division
• Designs the system/application
• Designs the architecture of the system/application
• Builds the system/application
• Procures the infrastructure of the system/application
• Inputs the data
• Evaluates technical implementation
• Take part in technical help desk
• Develops the system/application
• Integrates the system/application with other system and application
c. Legal Division
• Verifies and validates the regulations
• Socializes the regulations
d. Asset and Finance Management Office
• Allocates the budget
• Finalizes remuneration amounts of the apparatus
• Facilitates the integration with finance application
e. Apparatus Training and Education Agency
• Performs apparatus’ performance assessment
• Finalizes remuneration amounts of the apparatus
• Performs the trainings of application operation
f. Transportation, Communication and Information Office
• Prepares network infrastructures
• Disseminates the information through online media
g. City Inspectorate
• Performs the monitoring of the implementation of the application
• Provides inputs and recommendations for the improvement of the application.
Beside Banda Aceh City Government’s internal parties, e-Kinerja application has obtained supports from City Parliament and education institution such as Aceh Polytechnic
| 6. How was the strategy implemented and what resources were mobilized?
Suggestions, complaints and criticisms from the publics are important inputs for the Mayor, as the main supporter of this initiative. The mayor is committed to provide legalities and allocate enough financial resources during all stages of the implementation of e-Kinerja.
Every structural officer holds responsibilities to motivate and monitor the performance of employees under his/her command.
Human resources for building and developing the application come from the internal parties of Banda Aceh City Government, and the financial resources are also taken from Banda Aceh City annual budget.
| 7. Who were the stakeholders involved in the design of the initiative and in its implementation?
The outputs of the application are as follows:
1. Acts as measurement tool for reward and punishment;
2. Provides information on the requirements, mapping, and correlations of various job positions;
3. Provides performance data of all work units based on budget and physical realizations, and of all apparatus periodically;
4. Provides data of apparatus compositions in all work units;( based on eselon , unit/organization and gender)
5. As best practice for several countries and government institutions.
| 8. What were the most successful outputs and why was the initiative effective?
The steps for monitoring and evaluating the implementation of e-Kinerja are as follows:
1. Regular Meeting of the Heads of work units
The meeting discusses and evaluates performance data of the apparatus and work units in both weekly and monthly basis;
2. Planned Meeting on Performance Assessment
This meeting is held every month to evaluate the performance of apparatus and work units, and accommodates complaints on the assessments;
3. Evaluation Meeting on Finance and Physical Realization
The meeting is conducted every week to evaluate finance and physical realizations of each work units;
4. Monitoring and Evaluation on Job Position Analyses and Job Load Analyses Documents
Annual meeting to evaluate and verify all changes made on Job Post Analyses and Job Load Analyses.
5. Public Complaints Service
Evaluates the performance of work units based on complaints filed by the member of the public through internet and SMS gateway.
| 9. What were the main obstacles encountered and how were they overcome?
The main obstacles encountered during the execution of the program include:
a. Apparatus’ resistance
This obstacle has been tackled through education and socialization that include:
• The formation of special team assigned to socialize the program to all work units.
• Regular meeting between the Mayor and the heads of work units.
• Socializations in religious events.
b. The quality of human resources
This obstacle is resolved through trainings held by Development Administration Division.
c. Equipment and infrastructures
Obstacles related to the lack of equipment and infrastructures are resolved through:
• Procuring computers for performance assessment;
• Adding the number of computer available in every work units;
• Building interconnected networks
d. The amount of remuneration
• To solve this problem, remuneration has been increased 30% from the conventional system;
• Ensuring that job loads are ranked accordingly;