| 4. In which ways is the initiative creative and innovative?
Through the strategy of provision of internship information menu that is always updated, consultation and program of internship implementation assistance for companies integratedly either directly or online and encourage active participation of companies, thus through this innovation, it will obtain solution to the issue as below :
1. Ease of society, especially job seekers and graduates of education to obtain information on internship places verified by Department of Province and District / City
2. Ease and efficiency in getting information of prospective apprentices work, mounting vacancies to internship, curriculum and internship agreement according to the rules as well as internship consultancy assistance.
3. The assurance of legality and implementation of internship information according to the rules
4. Containers and means for communities and companies, job seekers, educational institutions, training institutions and Department of Labor District / City obtain internship information that is fast, easy and actual.
5. Consultation and direct assistance to jobseekers / alumni of education to gain the skills / experience with the best quality and standards and for corporate users of internship program.
6. Connectivity with Special Employment Exchanges (BKK) in the unit of vocational training institutions of work and Department of Labor District / City.
7. The presence of the guarantee and protection of both apprentices as well as to companies implementing internship
| 5. Who implemented the initiative and what is the size of the population affected by this initiative?
Several matters showing tha this innovation is creative and innovative, as below :
1. Aspect of Public Transparency. This service is able to reform public service administration where the information can be accessed via online
2. The provision of effective and efficient service. This service is able to solve the issue of distance, space and time in information service, consultation and assistance physically mainly related to curriculum, internship agreement and appoval by Department of Labor Province /District /City
3. Provide additional skills, competencies, recognition of internship which are standards to improve the competitiveness and quality of work apprentices and workers in the company, in addition to the potential for post-internship placement.
4. Replication. Able to encourage district/ city to replicate to become internship standards in the Department of Labor District/ City mainly areas with many industries.
5. Cooperation. Through a Memorándum of Understanding and Cooperation (MoU) with FKJP and vocational school education units and universities and vocational training institutions.
6. Increase the establishment of apprenticeship networking forums in districts / cities in providing a qualified workforce and apprenticeship programs in the company independently.
7. Become Trusted Guarantor and Information of Internship. The community and the company has a high trust to information and the implementation of the internship because it has been verified and safe.
| 6. How was the strategy implemented and what resources were mobilized?
1. The initiator is the Governor according to the vision and mission of the Medium Term Development Plan (RPJMD) East Java Province. The vision :”The Realizatiion of East Java more prosperous, equtable, independent, competitive, and morals ”. Mission:”Getting Independent and Prosperous together with the Community”. One of the main agenda of regional development in East Java in 2014 - 2019, is “increasing labor force participation and employment “,through the priority program of Unemployment Rate Reduction (TPT), which is translated, among others, by improving the quality and productivity of the workforce through training and apprenticeship.
2. Innovation of information services and internship was conducted by Disnakertransduk Prov. East Java, through the provision of information services, consulting and curriculum provision of SKKNI / apprenticeship agreement adjusted to the needs of the workforce. The main goal is to help ease those job seekers finding a internship according to their ability and help the company implement apprenticeship programs according to the rules. This service also aims to be a model of apprenticeship services connected with job placement, internal human resource development (provincial and district / city) and improve the synergy of Provincial / District / City with Company.
3. The information and consulting services of internship constructed from creativity and innovation with an integrated approach to online services, start to update vacancy information of internship, consulting and assistance in establishing the standard curriculum (SK / SKKNI) as well as internship agreement and the means of verification of internship requirements. Through integrated and online activity, the supply of job seekers or alumni of education would be easily and quickly getting information of internship, increase the number of companies of apprentices, increasing the competence of labor / labor competitiveness and increase the chance of getting formal employment in the company. On the other hand the companies will be assisted to more quickly get prospective apprentices working, easy to qualify and support facilities for internships according to the rules as well as consulting and implementation of the internship program.
4. Innovation of this service is supported by the Ministry of the Republic of Indonesia Manpower, Indonesia Employers Association (Apindo), Special Employment Exchange (BKK) in the unit of vocational schools and colleges, and Internship Network Communication Forum (FKJP) in East Java.
5. Companies that become members of FKJP East Java, which actively convey the information of the needs of internship.
| 7. Who were the stakeholders involved in the design of the initiative and in its implementation?
Who are the stakeholders involved in the implementation
1. Governor as initiator, Parliament Prov. East Java which helps to support the budget, the Head of Disnakertransduk Prov. East Java as policy makers and supervisors, trained service attendant who directly serve the customers and the entire staff in the field of Training and Productivity.
2. 38 Department of Labor districts / municipalities in East Java as partners and beneficiaries to replication
3. Network of Internship Communication Forum (PKJP) East Java and the company is active as a service user.
4. Job seekers and alumni of the education world as service users
5. Schools in units of vocational school, college and Training Institute as a development partner of work exchange networks / internship.
6. Public Service Commission (KPP) which monitors the service to the community
7. Apindo and International Institutions / NGOs as a companion and motivator when stub, development of partners as well as the replication of services
| 8. What were the most successful outputs and why was the initiative effective?
1. The use of SDM to build technology-based systems in cooperation with universities, Department of Labor District / City for replication and cadres as well as the provision of internal human resources so that the program of innovation is sustainable and capable of increasing the benefits for society.
1. The most important mobilization aspect is implementation of the commitments of leadership, service personnel, along with the service staff in the Field of Training and productivity that directly interact with users, which basically should be mandatory to understand vision, mission whose main task is to help people improve the quality and productivity as well as having the skills and competence enough to enter / competitiveness in the world of work
2. The budget of a special Local Budget for the promotion and management of Online Internship is Rp. 39.8 million for the maintenance of facilities / network and institution building of internship in 2014 and budget support deconcentration of Local Budget (center) for human resource development is Rp. 1.275 billion. And Rp. 5.014 billion in 2015 for human resource development in some FKJP District / City (in Malang district, Mojokerto district, Jombang, Kediri City and FKJP East Java), extra-budgetary for human resource development, provision of means of computer and networking of Online Internship Service.
Table of Promotional Budget and Management of Online Job Market
For Innovation Service Jatim - ProMag
Type Year 2014 Year 2015
Human resource development 665.000.000 698.600.000
Procurement of IT / Computers Facilities - 25.000.000
Maintenance of Facilities / Network 4.800.000 -
institution building 35.000.000 -
Help Center 1.275.000.000 5.014.064.000
What are the most succesful output?
1. Availability of information services, consulting related to online internship program
2. The number of members and participants of the consultations via online related to internships information, consulting internship program and other information each year increased.
Description Year 2014 Year 2015
Participant of Domestic Industry Internship 460 people 950 people
Consultation Related to Internship 247 People 330 People
3. The number of active company as the members that acted upon independent internship in accordance with the rules / regulations applicable, every year is increasing. Companies belonging to the Network of Internship Communication Forum (FKJP) in a standing start in 2007 as many as 20 companies. Up to 2015 the number of companies belonging to FKJP changed and tended to increase (47 companies), as shown in the following table:
Description Year 2014 Year 2015
Companies Belonging to FKJP Prov.East Java 20 Companies 47 Companies
Independent company organizing internships (CSR) 10 Companies 12 Companies
4. The number of agencies both vocational schools, Training Institutions (BLK / private) and other institutions that are members of the network of work exchange / internship every year is increasing.
Description Year 2012 Year 2013 Year 2014 Year 2015
BKK / SMK contained in FKJP 4 District/City 6 District/City 10 District/City 15 District/City
LPK / LPKS 3 Companies 5 Companies 10 Companies 12 Companies
5. Value of IKM (Community Satisfaction Index) to internship services for employment information network increased, 72.57 in 2014 and 74.91 in 2015
6. Being one of the icons of educated young job seekers, especially in urban areas to look for internship information reliable in website www.latmag-jatim.com, as well as being a reference of information legality of internship and company as the organizer of legal internships.
| 9. What were the main obstacles encountered and how were they overcome?
1. HRD of officers to the use of Information Technology (internet facility) is still limited.
2. Mind set and limited awareness of the officer in charge of employment agency districts / cities often transfer their tasks or lack of support and commitment to the organization.
3. Understanding of especially those in regions still lacking on Information Technology and instant understanding of the phases of achieving by community and quality of competence in working.
4. Many companies who have not understood and lack of respect to work competency standards that the impact is to place labor correctly (the right man in the right job) and an increase in labor productivity.
5. HRD/personnels labor recruitment parties still rarely fill the description of specifications and terms of office jobs, limited ability to create curriculum, employment contracts and organizing internships according to the rules.
Several attempts have been made to overcome the obstacles :
1. On the internship, train young workers in collaboration with a third party for a change of mind set, maintance program (www. www.latmag-jatim.com) and promotion inviting participation of all stakeholders to improve the information network of internship.
2. Making Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) basic services of employment as an important step to improve services and employment placement results.
3. Promotion of replication to the department of labor in district main in the area of urban, industrial density and have adequate working workout officer.
4. Coop with FKJP and Job Fair at the vocational school, Center for vocational training, universities as well as with the Department in the Province (Department of Education and the Department of Communication and Information) to assist the dissemination of information of internships and job competence
5. Procure technical assistance, regular meetings and visits to companies providing special guidance to HR / personnel to provide information describing specifications