| 4. In which ways is the initiative creative and innovative?
There has been mindset, behaviors, skills, and attitudes change of farming community.
By developing agribusiness consulting clinics scattered throughout GunungKidul district which have heldservices that have alreadybeen standardized.
By using consulting media that is easily accessible by all groups in society, including the ones with special needs,namely: radio broadcasts with native language, community radio, television, the spreading of information through leaflets, banners, bilboard, consultation online through websites, web blogs, cyber extension etc. ,
extension methods which meet the needs of farmers including tutorial, behavior system, internships, demonstration plots, pilot lands of Agricultural Extension Center, Kajiterap or the implementation of studies , demfarm)
Providing competent extension workers (Governmental exentions, freelance Agricultural Extensions , Self Extensions)
Formed and facilitated by cadets farmer forum
Applying local wisdom- based technology
Empowering female farmers community
| 5. Who implemented the initiative and what is the size of the population affected by this initiative?
Agribusiness Consultancy Clinic is a complementary activity of the extension system.The increasing demands of farming community towards comprehensively better counseling service, encourage the counselors who gather in the institutional place at Department of Agriculture and Food Gunungkidul who feel the need to optimize the development of the pattern of illumination through diversification of extension services closer to the audience, among others with radio broadcasts using local languages (Java). By this reason, Agribusiness Consultation Clinical development of agribusiness consulting is more convenient to vulnerable populations such as the provision of special lanes for wheelchair and lactation rooms for nursing mothers. As for of farmers who benefited agribusiness consulting clinic is 241 farmer groups or 7,230 people
| 6. How was the strategy implemented and what resources were mobilized?
Empowering and institutional strengthening of the main roles and businessmen is one of the important factors that determines the success of building systems and agribusiness in a certain region. The systems and agribusiness can grow and develop well when the main institutional role and businessmen are strong. To empower institutional key role and businesses Counseling Centres in the district, we will do the following actions:
1. identifying the main institutional actors and entrepreneurs in the region.
2. mapping the real state institutions in the working area of the counseling centers including : level of management skills, capital, scale of operations and partnerships undertaken.
3. setting out empowerment and institutional strengthening plans
Empowering and strengthening activities may include:
a. Exercise and Visits (LAKU);
c. comparative study;
d. develop a network of cooperation / partnership;
e. agribusiness consulting services;
f. Empowerment of female farmers society and youth farmers ;
The system in the mechanisms and procedures of Agribusiness Consultancy Clinic services are as follows:
1. Residents / Farmers as the main role / entrepreneurs come to BP3K in each sub-district subsequently accepted by the officer on duty and fill the attendance list and directly tell their problems
2. The Officers of the Agribusiness Consultancy Clinic noted problems and provide consultation by providing alternative solutions through a variety of clinical support facilities such as library, room display or piloting garden etc.
3. If the duty offices are unable to provide alternative solutions, they can bring the clients or refer to the extension experts / supervisor or Farmersas the main actors / competent entrepreneurs competent
4.Among several alternatives provided, the clinic gives the most possible recommendations to be to be implemented by farmers / main actors / entrepreneurs
5. Based on the recommendations given, arrange an action plan which will be monitored by the counselor.
The Resources used to consultation clinic agribusiness service are :
• Wheelchairs Lane
• Waiting / guest room
• Consultation Room
• Display Space
• Lactation Room
• Demonstration plot BP3K
• The means of agricultural technology infrastructure such as: Tool tile, a graduated Rainfall, Dry Soil Test Device (PUTK), Paddy Soil Test Device (PUTS), Leaf Colour Chart, PH meter, Meter Roll, Tractor
B. The competentExtension workers
• Agricultural Extension 66
• Agricultural Extension freelance assistants 41
• Governmental Extension 144
C. Businessmen / the main agent as competent practitioners in a Governmental Rural agricultural training center
D. Business Network for marketing and banking to capital
E. The budget for the implementation of the Agribusiness Consultation Clinic is derived from various sources state budget, self budget (the inadequacy on budget implementationof Agribusiness Consultancy Clinic can be saidnone , but to overcome those obstacles we must empower the agricultural extension freelance assistants and the ones to join the training of agribusiness, of the State Budget from APBN US$ 8288 and from APBD US$ 3708
| 7. Who were the stakeholders involved in the design of the initiative and in its implementation?
Those are: Extension fields, Extension experts, farmers, the main actor / entrepreneurs, female Farmer Groups and cadets farmer
The roles of each stakeholder are as follows:
1. Structural officials of Department of Agriculture and Food ranging from Head of Department, Head of Division, Head of Section / Subbid and sub division. play their role in public policy making and technical implementation of Clinical Services and Consulting Agribusiness Supply Supporting facilities and infrastructure Agribusiness Consultancy Clinic.
2. The extension fields throughout BP3K act as an officer who carry out their task in the public service of agribusiness consultation clinic
3. The extension experts and main roles and competent businesses will be as reference and assistance for field counselors on duty when if they are difficult in providing consulting agribusiness services.
4. Farmers, farmer groups, the main actors / businessemen become the partners of Department of Agriculture and Food in the learning and development of agricultural businesses both in the cultivating and processing
| 8. What were the most successful outputs and why was the initiative effective?
The output of the activities of Agribusiness Consultation Clinic is providing solution in solving problems on agribusiness.
The real manifestation of its activity output is the more increasing farmer’s ability, the handling of farmers in dealing with agricultural problems, the use of appropriate instruments to farmers, the stronger cooperation among farmers groups, a group of farmers implementing agribusiness with the increase of crops parameter, whichisreflected by a comparison of the contribution of agricultural sector in PDRD (Regional Revenue domestic areas) amounted 4,34 % (Based on Gunungkidul, 2015). Agribusiness Consultation with clinic activities have increased revenues through utilization of the yard is done by mothers mum farmers to meet the needs of daily living and create jobs in agriculture in the village so as to reduce the rate of urbanization.
| 9. What were the main obstacles encountered and how were they overcome?
The main obstacles is lack of civil servants extensions, institutional capacity and human resources are not yet well distributed in each BP3K, and inadequate budget for the clinic management.
Attempted solutions to overcome these obstacles is to empower freelance ,Agricultural Extension (THL-TBPP) and Governmental Extension, send counselors to join the training of agribusiness, and optimize facility Agricultural Extension Center. Funding is sought Utilizing Local Public Broadcasters, Community Radio and Commercial Radio To Participate in information spreading agricultural technology to farmers in particular and society in general to synergize the resources of funds either the state funding, the budget, or self-funding.