| 4. In which ways is the initiative creative and innovative?
KLIPPER implementation is assigned by Act of the Head of Investment and Licensing Agency of Yogyakarta City Number 47/KEP/DINZIN/2011 regarding Determination of System and Procedure of Permit Services in the Investment and Licensing Agency of Yogyakarta City.
KLIPPER team is formed with the Head of Investment and Licensing Agency as the Chairman, the Head of Service Sector as the Secretary and structural officials, staffs and the related technical Local Government Units in Yogyakarta City Government.
Determining mechanism of initial observation application in written to the Head of Investment and Licensing Agency to get facilitated through KLIPPER, enclosed by supporting documents in the form of technical design.
The Agency Head gives disposition to the Service Sector Head as the Secretary of the KLIPPER team to conduct initial observation toward the supporting documents such as technical design, according to the applicable laws and regulations.
The applicant delivers presentation as expected. The encountered problems are then discussed comprehensively together with the KLIPPER team in a series of discussion and argumentation based on data, facts and laws and regulations in licensing field.
Based on the conclusion of the discussion, the KLIPPER team gives notes related to the administrative and technical requirements to the applicants to be followed up.
| 5. Who implemented the initiative and what is the size of the population affected by this initiative?
The personnel who give contribution or get involved in the process and implementation of KLIPPER’s service innovation are:
The Head of Agency, Structural Officials and Staffs or employees who master regulations in licensing field in the environment of the Investment and Licensing Agency of Yogyakarta Municipality;
KLIPPER applicants (Service Users);
Technical Local Government Units (SKPD) in Yogyakarta City environment are:
- Land Agency related land status;
- Regional Development Planning Agency (Bappeda), related to land use plan;
- Environmental Agency, related to environmental studies;
- Transportation Agency, related to traffic study and parking necessity;
- Tourism and Culture Agency, terkait dengan tetentuan kawasan cagar budaya dan Benda Cagar Budaya;
- Settlements and Regional Infrastructure Agency, related to regional infrastructure;
- Local Assets and Building Agency, related to building provisions;
- Local Agency for Disaster Management (BPBD), related to fire detection and protection;
- Legal Division of the Regional Secretariat of Yogyakarta City, related to legal considerations or regulations;
- Governance Division of the Regional Secretariat of Yogyakarta City, related to the use and utilization of state land
| 6. How was the strategy implemented and what resources were mobilized?
The sources used to support the implementation of KLIPPER services are:
Human resources or good quality employees from the Investment and Licensing Agency according to the required competencies.
All costs to support KLIPPER’s activities are financed by Local Budget (APBD) of Yogyakarta City:
Operational costs of KLIPPER for the last 4 (four) years are as follows:
- In 2012 amounting to Rp 34,575,000.- or US$ 2,59.
- In 2013 amounting to Rp 31,875,000.- or US$ 2,39
- In 2014 amounting to Rp 37,149,000,- or US$ 2,78
- In 2015 amounting to Rp 56,345,000,- or US$ 4,22
- In 2016 amounting to Rp 58,425,000,- or US$ 4,37
The above operational cost are used by KLIPPER to organize meetings and 1 year stipend for the team.
The infrastructure to support KLIPPER activities are a representative registration room and meeting room completed by AC, Laptop, Printer, LCD, electric board, internet connection and telephone.
| 7. Who were the stakeholders involved in the design of the initiative and in its implementation?
7. Outputs from KLIPPER activities:
Products of KLIPPER services are notes or written recommendation from the KLIPPER team containing: provisions of administrative and technical requirements which must be fulfilled and followed up in the application of Building Permit (IMB).
Permit application in KLIPPER is guaranteed to be issued, processed faster and smoother, due to the fulfillment of complete and correct administrative and technical documents in registration process.
Act of the Head of Investment and Licensing Agency of Yogyakarta City Number 47/KEP/DINZIN/2011 concerning Determination of System and Procedure of Permit Services in the Investment and Licensing Agency of Yogyakarta City.
Act of the Head of Investment and Licensing Agency regarding Determination of Membership Structure and Duties of KLIPPER team.
| 8. What were the most successful outputs and why was the initiative effective?
8. The system used to monitor progress and evaluate activities done by KLIPPER are:
Supervising, monitoring and evaluation of KLIPPER’s activities implementation done by the Head of Investment and Licensing Agency, through regular meeting of structural officials, at least once a month in order to find out whether there is constraint in the implementation.
Monitoring of the notes given by KLIPPER team have been followed up by the applicants done by the Head of Service Sector.
Decrease of number of claims from year to year:
Year Number of Claims Decrease number Percentage of success in handling cases (%)
2011 73 cases - -
2012 66 cases 7 cases 9.58 %
2013 59 cases 14 cases 19.17 %
2014 51 cases 22 cases 30.13 %
2015 42 cases 31 cases 42.89 %
2016 40 cases 33 cases 45.20%
| 9. What were the main obstacles encountered and how were they overcome?
- Lack of personnel number in the Investment and Licensing Agency who understand well the regulation of permit technically.
- Imperfect regulation that is still frequently changed and not in line with other regulations which become the guideline in the permit implementation.
- Proposing additional employees to Regional Employment Office of Yogyakarta City, according to the competency needed.
- Asking recommendation or technical approval from the related Local Government Units that authorized with the problems.