Facilitated Online Capacity Development Training Workshop on
INNOVATION, DIGITAL GOVERNMENT AND PUBLIC SERVICE DELIVERY FOR SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT IN THE CENTRAL ASIA REGION
3-5 August 2021
United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs (UN DESA) and
Ministry of Digital Development, Innovations and Aerospace Industry of the Republic of Kazakhstan, Zerde National Infocommunication Holding JSC, National Information Technologies JSC
The Division for Public Institutions and Digital Government (DPIDG) of the United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs (UN DESA) is conducting a regional virtual training workshop on “Innovation, Digital Government and Public Service Delivery for Sustainable Development” in the Central Asia region on 3-5 August 2021, in partnership with the Ministry of Digital Development, Innovations and Aerospace Industry of the Republic of Kazakhstan, Zerde National Infocommunication Holding JSC, National Information Technologies JSC and other partners.
This workshop is organizes as a backdrop of the preparatory process for the 2022 United Nations E-Government Survey in the COVID-19 pandemic response and recovery time and the increasingly critical role that Governments play in ensuring people’s online access to public services that are affordable, responsive to their needs, accessible and people-oriented.
The objective of the online workshop is to promote innovation for public service delivery, including through the use of ICTs in the five countries of the Central Asia region. Innovation and digital government call for a multi-dimensional or holistic approach that involves change in local and regional levels of government, organization, processes, institutions and individuals, and hence the workshop will underscore the process of transforming new knowledge into value (innovation) and approaches to ensure its assimilation. Thematic sessions of the workshop will aim at identifying government priorities, existing institutional arrangements and service delivery gaps, to be followed by drafting specific Action Plans turning into results for digital transformation.
During the workshop, invited Government representatives and experts will also have an opportunity to examine the E-Government Survey and discuss any questions related to its methodology and findings.
Please click here to see more detail for this workshop (Russian)
• Public Service Delivery, Digital Transformation and the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development – How do They Relate (Presentation by Vincenzo Aquaro)
• Basic Concepts and Practice of Innovation and Digital Transformation in Public Service Delivery (Presentation by Keping Yao)
• Key Capacities for Promoting Innovation & Digital Government Transformation (Presentation by Adriana Alberti)
• E-Government Survey: Sub-components, assessment methodology, and key findings in 2020 for the Central Asia region (Presentation by Arpine Korekyan)
• Data Governance and E-participation components (Presentation by Wai Min Kwok)
• Public Value and Innovation for Social Inclusion to Leave No One Behind (Presentation by Mi Kyoung Park)
• Innovation Labs: Public-Private partnerships for public service delivery (Presentation by Mr. Asset Dosymkhanov, Head of Technological Development and Innovation at the AIFC Tech Hub)
• Public Service Delivery in Kazakhstan (Presentation by Mrs. Aigul Kosherbayeva Member of the Committee of Experts of Public Administration (CEPA))
• The outcomes of Digital Government Capability Assessment(DGCA) activity (Presentation by Keping Yao)
• Innovation and Faster Organizational Change (Presentation by Dimis Michaelides)
• Tips for Personal Change (Presentation by Dimis Michaelides)
• Mr. Rostislav Konyashkin, Chairmen of the Board at the National Information Technologies JSC
• Mr. Vitaliy Pustovoitenko, Deputy Director of Digital Innovation and Transformation LLP (Ashyq)
• Mr. Ilyas Ospanov, Chief Executive Officer of QAZINNOVATIONS
• Mr. Bokhodir Ayupov, Deputy Director of IT Park of the Republic of Uzbekistan
• Mr Burjuev Azamat Cholponbekovich
• Presentations by Pirov Abubakr
• Training of Trainers Toolkit on Innovation and Digital Government for Public Service Delivery _ Curriculum on Governance for Sustainable Development, available on UNPAN at: https://unpan.un.org/node/597/
• Digital Government Capability Assessment (DGCA) available on the UNPAN at: https://unpan.un.org/capacity-development/otc/self-assessment-tools/digital-government-capability-assessment
• Click here to watch the recording of Day-1 on Zoom
• Click here to watch the recording of Day-2 on Zoom
• Click here to watch the recording of Day-3 on Zoom