Capacity Development Webinar on
“Advancing SMART Cities and Urban Digital Transformation to achieve Sustainable Development Goals”
Towards Better Governance and Better Life
9 September 2021
Time: 8:00 – 10:30 am EDT
The United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs (UN DESA), through its Division for Public Institutions and Digital Government (DPIDG), in collaboration with Shanghai Academy of Social Sciences and Shanghai Big Data Center, is organizing a capacity building webinar on “Advancing SMART Cities and Digital Transformation to achieve Sustainable Development Goals.” The webinar will focus on the case study of Shanghai. Shanghai’s SMART city plan (2016-2020) has earned the City Award of 2020.
The webinar will bring into virtual collaboration municipal government officials responsible for digital transformation, and experts and decision-makers from the private sector, civil society, academia in relevant digital fields, including digital government, digital economy, science and technology and innovation (STI), institutes and businesses with expertise in digital transformation of the public sector. The recommendations of the Webinar as well as the analytical assessments of SMART technologies will feed into the preparation of a curriculum and toolkits for future capacity building efforts.
Click here to register.
Concept Note and Agenda
List of Speakers
• Welcome Remarks by Mr. Elliott Harris, Assistant-Secretary-General and UN Chief Economist, UN Department of Economic and Social Affairs (UN DESA)
• Presentation by Mr. Yong LU, Vice President of Shanghai Data Exchange Center
• Presentation by Mr. Jing Yijia, President of Institute of Global Public Policy, Fudan University
• Presentation by Mr. Deniz Susar, Governance and Public Administration Officer, UN DESA
• Presentation by Mr. Liu Yingfeng, Deputy-Director of Shanghai Big Data Center
• Presentation by Mrs. Zhu Lin, Vice Director of Urban Perspective Data Hub, from School of Social and Public Administration, East China University of Science and Technology
• Presentation by Mr. Wang Xingquan, Director, Research Center of Science and Technology Innovation, Shanghai Academy of Social Sciences
Click here to watch the recording of the webinar on Zoom