25 January 2022
12:00 PM - 2:15 PM Seoul (GMT+9)
10:00 AM -12:15 PM Bangkok (GMT+7)
(24 January) 22:00 PM (-1) - (25 January) 00:15 AM New York (GMT-5)
The United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs (UN DESA), through its Division for Public Institutions and Digital Government (DPIDG), in collaboration with the United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (UN ESCAP), is organizing a regional capacity development webinar to launch the Curriculum on Governance for the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) (the “Curriculum”) in the Asia-Pacific region. The Offices of UN Resident Coordinators in the region will be invited to provide advice in contextualizing the training material to the national level context. The Curriculum, developed by UN DESA, will be launched through regional events in cooperation with the regional commissions, the UN Resident Coordinator system, and relevant partners.
The webinar aims to raise awareness of methodologies and approaches to strengthen effective governance and public institutions in the Asia and Pacific region. The webinar is also aimed at generating interest in mainstreaming the Curriculum in the trainings of the Schools of Public Administration in the different countries of the Asia and Pacific region.
The Curriculum, which is a holistic and integrated framework, translates the 11 Principles of Effective Governance into practice through capacity development training material on governance and public institutions. It aims to promote critical understanding of sustainable development issues, enhance governance capacity, and strengthen public servants' awareness of their active role in contributing to the achievement of the SDGs. The Curriculum is a comprehensive set of Training of Trainers Capacity Development Toolkits, which contain ready-to-use and customizable training material on key governance dimensions needed to advance the implementation of the SDGs.
The webinar will be conducted in English. It will include an overview presentation of the Curriculum and a brief presentation of each Toolkit. The presentations will be followed by a panel discussion and an open discussion/Q&A session.
Registration at: https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_hZW0SKsVTL-13EQe9Q4HUQ
- Curriculum on Governance for the Sustainable Development Goals ;
- Changing Mindsets in Public Institutions to Implement the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development ;
- Transparency, Accountability and Ethics in Public Institutions ;
- Governance Capabilities and Institutional Arrangement for Policy Coherence ;
- Effective National to Local Public Governance for SDG Implementation ;
- Government Innovation for Social Inclusion of Vulnerable Groups ;
- Risk-Informed Governance and Innovative Technology for Disaster Risk Reduction & Resilience ;
- Innovation and Digital Government for Public Service Delivery.
- - Recording (to be posted later on)
To read more, click here.
For further information, contact Ms. Mi Kyoung Park at firstname.lastname@example.org
For Substantive Matters:
- - Adriana Alberti, Chief, Programme Management and Capacity Development and Unit, DPIDG/UN DESA, email@example.com
- - Bokyun Shim, Head of Office, UNPOG, DPIDG/UN DESA, firstname.lastname@example.org
- - Mi Kyoung Park, Governance and Public Administration Officer, UNPOG/DPIDG/UN DESA, email@example.com
For Administrative Matters:
- Mr. Wooyoung Kim, Administrative Assistant, UNPOG/DPIDG/UN DESA, firstname.lastname@example.org