Capacity Development Webinar
“Implementing a Multi-Pronged Strategy for Digital Transformation: Lessons from Asia”
7 July 2022
8:00 – 10:00 am (EDT)
The United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs (UN DESA), through its Division for Public Institutions and Digital Government (DPIDG), in collaboration with China National Academy of Governance (CNAG) and Shanghai Academy of Social Sciences (SASS), is organizing a capacity building webinar on strengthening digital transformation through investing in digital infrastructure, fostering a digital workforce, improving digital government services, building a dynamic digital economy, and developing national digital data policies and strategies for ensuring data quality, access, security, privacy and usage. The webinar, drawing from experience in several countries in Asia, is supported by the 2030 Agenda Sub-Fund of the UN Peace and Security Fund.
The objective of the 2-hour webinar is to discuss challenges and share lessons learned at the country and municipal levels on how to accelerate digital transformation by developing a funding partnership for investing in digital infrastructure, by improving digital government services and digital economy, and by strengthening data governance. Several Asian countries with recent progress in these areas will be invited to highlight national and local experiences, share lessons learned and identify ways forward.
• Concept Note and Agenda
• Bios of Speakers
• Adopting National Data Governance Framework for Sustainable Development by Wai Min Kwok, Senior Governance and Public Administration Officer, Division for Public Institutions and Digital Government, UN DESA
• Digital Government of Korea by HyunKwan Jung
• Experience in developing digital government at the national and local levels in China by Yimin Wang, Center for E-government Studies China National Academy of Governance
• Journey of Digital Bangladesh: Repurpose, Collaborate and Hack by Anir Chowdhury, Policy Advisor, a2i ICT Division/Cabinet Division/UNDP Bangladesh
• From Digital Divide to Data Divide: A New Development Stage and Bridging Strategies of China's Territorial Digital Divide by Fuchun ZHAO, PhD, Associate Professor Institute of Information Sciences, Shanghai Academy of Social Sciences
• United Nations E-Government Survey Methodology and Global Trends by Deniz Susar, Governance and Public Administration Officer, Division for Public Institutions and Digital Government, UN DESA
Mr. Juwang Zhu
Division for Public Institutions and Digital Government